Bollywood style diva Sonam Kapoor’s latest film ‘Khoobsurat’ has landed in controversy in less than 24 hours of the release of its first official trailer.
The film, which is a remake of veteran filmmaker Hrishikesh Mukherjee’s 1980 hit film by the same name, is apparently in thick soup for a song that featured in the trailer ‘Anjan ki seeti mein maro man dole’.
While a leading daily alleges that the song is a rip off from ‘Alka Yagnik track composed by Anu Malik for Jeetendra-Jaya Prada starrer, ‘Maa’, Sonam Kapoor says that the song is in fact a traditional Rajasthani folk song and not a copy of Anu Malik song.
An angry Sonam Kapoor took to Twitter to correct the facts. She said, “It’s a pity you don’t do research before writing articles, ‘Anjun ki seeti’ is an old Rajasthani folk song! It’s a pity journalists…write articles without an iota of responsibility. A few bad apples really spoil the basket.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Soon after that Sonam’s point was backed by celebrated singer Sona Mohapatra.
She said, “Anjan ki seeti mein maro man dole is a traditional Rajasthani folk song and not an Anu Malik song and it’s expected that a paper should research such facts before taking Any Malik or the internet seriously.”
Further, according to reports, The film has already bought the rights of the original Rajasthani song from its music label.
Sonam Kapoor’s ‘Khoobsurat’, in its essence remains much like Rekha’s film.
Meanwhile, the film’s trailer has received a positive response from the industry peers.
— Farah Khan (@TheFarahKhan) July 21, 2014
— Pulkit Samrat (@PulkitSamrat) July 21, 2014