Bollywood style diva Sonam Kapoor’s latest film ‘Khoobsurat’ has landed in controversy in less than 24 hours of the release of its first official trailer.
The film, which is a remake of veteran filmmaker Hrishikesh Mukherjee’s 1980 hit film by the same name, is apparently in thick soup for a song that featured in the trailer ‘Anjan ki seeti mein maro man dole’.
While a leading daily alleges that the song is a rip off from ‘Alka Yagnik track composed by Anu Malik for Jeetendra-Jaya Prada starrer, ‘Maa’, Sonam Kapoor says that the song is in fact a traditional Rajasthani folk song and not a copy of Anu Malik song.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
An angry Sonam Kapoor took to Twitter to correct the facts. She said, “It’s a pity you don’t do research before writing articles, ‘Anjun ki seeti’ is an old Rajasthani folk song! It’s a pity journalists…write articles without an iota of responsibility. A few bad apples really spoil the basket.”
Soon after that Sonam’s point was backed by celebrated singer Sona Mohapatra.
She said, “Anjan ki seeti mein maro man dole is a traditional Rajasthani folk song and not an Anu Malik song and it’s expected that a paper should research such facts before taking Any Malik or the internet seriously.”
Further, according to reports, The film has already bought the rights of the original Rajasthani song from its music label.
Sonam Kapoor’s ‘Khoobsurat’, in its essence remains much like Rekha’s film.
Meanwhile, the film’s trailer has received a positive response from the industry peers.
— Arjun Kapoor (@arjunk26) July 21, 2014
— Farah Khan (@TheFarahKhan) July 21, 2014
— Pulkit Samrat (@PulkitSamrat) July 21, 2014