The release date of Pan Nalin’s film “Angry Indian Goddesses” (AIG) has been pushed again. It is now slated to release next month.
The movie, which has been lauded at various international film festivals including the prestigious Toronto International Film Festival, was earlier scheduled to release alongside Salman Khan-starrer “Prem Ratan Dhan Payo” on November 12 and then with “Tamasha” on November 27. However, It has now moved to December 4, read a statement.
“We will be releasing AIG on December 4, 2015. We have received fantastic reactions at international film festivals. The film will release internationally in early 2016. But it was always our wish that the Indian audience should discover AIG first,” Nalin said.
“Angry Indian Goddesses” follows the stories of seven girls. It narrates the tale of how Frieda, essayed by actress Sarah-Jane Dias, invites her closest girlfriends to Goa to announce her wedding, and it all turns into a wild bachelorette party.
- Filmy Friday: Hate story 3, Angry Indian Goddesses, Kajarya release today
- Pan Nalin to host 'Angry Indian Goddesses' screening for Shah Rukh Khan
- Sarah Jane Dias wore mother's wedding gown for film
- Pan Nalin's 'Angry Indian Goddesses' release likely to be delayed
- 'Angry Indian Goddesses' release date pushed
- 'Angry Indian Goddesses' gets standing ovation at Rome film fest
The cast of the movie also includes Sandhya Mridul, Tannishtha Chatterjee, Anushka Manchanda, Amrit Maghera, Rajshri Deshpande and Pavleen Gujral.
Nalin’s directorial will be releasing along with Vishal Pandya’s erotic thriller “Hate Story 3”, which features actors Zareen Khan, Daisy Shah, Sharman Joshi and Karan Singh Grover.