It was a triumphant homecoming for writer-director Anees Bazmee when he recently visited his native Modasa village in Gujarat. People turned out in full force at an event to honour their famous son.
Anees Bazmee could barely hold back his tears as the entire village waved at, cheered and applauded the man who who had put their nondescript village on the Bollywood map.
“Modasa is where it all started. To return to the village where I was born and where I grew up and to be honoured in this spectacular way…I must have done something right,” said Bazmee, who started his career in Bollywood as a dialogue writer in 1988 and then proceeded to script blockbusters such as “Swarg”, “Aankhen” and “Raja Babu” before turning into a full-fledged director with “Hulchal” in 1995.
Reliving the emotional experience, he added: “The entire village had turned up to honour me. It was the most overwhelming experience of my life. The District Collector, police officers, doctors, lawyers , income-tax officers they were all there…I felt like a king.”
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review