Big B, who had promised to share the film’s ‘unique’ title with fans took to Twitter to reveal the film’s name.
T 1498 – #SHAMITABH … THE TITLE OF MY NEW FILM WITH R BALKI ..
— Amitabh Bachchan (@SrBachchan) May 29, 2014
Earlier in the day, Big B had tweeted: “Shall be disclosing name of R Balki film .. do log in .. it is quite unique and different !!” Big B tweeted.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
R. Balki stated that they have ‘Sh’ before Amitabh because it is the name of the character in the film.
The film will see Amitabh Bachchan along with South superstar and Rajinikanth’s son-in-law Dhanush coming together for the first time. While Dhanush will play a mute and deaf character, Amitabh will play the man who will be his voice. The film has been shot in beautiful locales of Mumbai, Goa and Ooty.
Apart from Amitabh Bachchan and Dhanush, the film also stars Kamal Haasan’s younger daughter Akshara. ‘Shamitabh’ will mark the debut of Akshara Haasan.
Amitabh Bachchan, 72, who worked with R Balki in ‘Cheeni Kum’ and ‘Paa’, began filming of his new project in Goa last month. Amitabh Bachchan is likely to be seen in a new avatar for the film. (With BollywoodHungama inputs)