The denim blue shirt teamed with khakee coloured pants and a rope dangling over the shoulder is arguably Amitabh Bachchan’s most iconic film look till date and the megastar reveals the styling in ‘Deewar’ was a result of a mistake by the tailor.
Reflective of the tumultuous politics of the early 70s, the 1975 film directed by Yash Chopra established the 71-year-old actor as the “angry young man” of Hindi cinema.
“The knotted shirt and rope on shoulder in ‘Deewar’ was an adjustment for an error in stitching… shirt too long so knotted it,” Amitabh Bachchan shared on Twitter.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
‘Deewar’ also starred Shashi Kapoor, Nirupa Roy, Parveen Babi and Neetu Singh. The film was a superhit.