Singer Shibani Kashyap is honoured about the fact that Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan had asked his fans to listen to her new album.
Amitabh Bachchan praised the singer on his blog last week.
The ‘Sajna aa bhi ja’ hitmaker released her indie album ‘Soneya’ on February 28 and the album garnered appreciation from all quarters.
“He (Amitabh Bachchan) did that on the day of Holi and I was like ‘Wow’, I’m going to play Holi even more.. With more fervour and gusto. I was so delighted and thrilled.. And I thanked him. I was really happy,” Shibani told PTI.
The Delhi-based singer teamed up with Mika for the album. Shibani said that even though she has known Mika for almost 15 years, this is the first time they are collaborating for an album.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“Sometimes it just doesn’t strike you that we can do a collaboration whereas we have done lots of shows together and we’ve hung out and shared a lot of musical ideas and jammed together but… I guess it just struck me actually.
“I said why don’t I do a song and feature you in it. He loved the idea and the melody, loved the music. I told him to sing in his own style,” Shibani said.
In the album, the singer, who recently tied the knot with Mumbai based actor Rajiv Roda, also sang in her native language Punjabi for the first time.
“Although I’ve sung… In all my concerts I’ve performed in Punjabi, but I never positioned myself as a Punjabi singer, I’ve always sung in Hindi or English or… Whereas I’ve been singing for Tamil films and Kannada films and sung for Bengali films and French films,” she said.
As singers are lending their voices for election campaigns, Shibani also hinted that she might write a song regarding the Lok Sabha elections which will take place next month.
“The reach of music is very strong. When people listen to any social message through music, I have always seen that it has a huge effect, rippling effect. Music has the power to compell the youth.” she added.