Singer Shibani Kashyap is honoured about the fact that Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan had asked his fans to listen to her new album.
Amitabh Bachchan praised the singer on his blog last week.
The ‘Sajna aa bhi ja’ hitmaker released her indie album ‘Soneya’ on February 28 and the album garnered appreciation from all quarters.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“He (Amitabh Bachchan) did that on the day of Holi and I was like ‘Wow’, I’m going to play Holi even more.. With more fervour and gusto. I was so delighted and thrilled.. And I thanked him. I was really happy,” Shibani told PTI.
The Delhi-based singer teamed up with Mika for the album. Shibani said that even though she has known Mika for almost 15 years, this is the first time they are collaborating for an album.
“Sometimes it just doesn’t strike you that we can do a collaboration whereas we have done lots of shows together and we’ve hung out and shared a lot of musical ideas and jammed together but… I guess it just struck me actually.
“I said why don’t I do a song and feature you in it. He loved the idea and the melody, loved the music. I told him to sing in his own style,” Shibani said.
In the album, the singer, who recently tied the knot with Mumbai based actor Rajiv Roda, also sang in her native language Punjabi for the first time.
“Although I’ve sung… In all my concerts I’ve performed in Punjabi, but I never positioned myself as a Punjabi singer, I’ve always sung in Hindi or English or… Whereas I’ve been singing for Tamil films and Kannada films and sung for Bengali films and French films,” she said.
As singers are lending their voices for election campaigns, Shibani also hinted that she might write a song regarding the Lok Sabha elections which will take place next month.
“The reach of music is very strong. When people listen to any social message through music, I have always seen that it has a huge effect, rippling effect. Music has the power to compell the youth.” she added.