Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan along with Varun Dhawan and other members of the film fraternity tweeted in support of Indian batsman Yuvraj Singh, who has been facing the wrath of fans back home blaming him for the loss of Indian team in the ICC World T20 final against Sri Lanka.
Within a few hours of India’s six-wicket loss to the Lankans, stones were pelted at Yuvraj’s home in Chandigarh and his name was also trending on Twitter.
Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan came out in defence of the left-handed batsman and wrote on his blog. “Ok …. so we lost to Sri Lanka in the World Cup final T20 tonight .. yes disappointed, but proud of our team and our boys for reaching the final, against the best teams in the world .. it was just not our day and the better team won … congratulations to Sri Lanka, who played really well ..”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Varun Dhawan, whose latest release ‘Main Tera Hero’ is doing fairly well at the box office, was also upset that people threw stones at Yuvraj Sigh’s home. Angry Varun wrote on Twitter: “Heard that people are throwing stones at Yuvi’s house. How stupid and immature. He’s an honest sportsman. Yuvi won us the World Cup, he gave us happiness when he was still having cancer. How can people forget that.”
Varun added, “How can people be so daft in cricket you sometimes loose and sometimes win just agree that lanka played better today.”
Salman Khan’s director brother Arbaaz Khan, who also has a CCL team, tweeted, “Yuvi has been a match winner, yesterday he had an off day, unfortunate it had to be a WC final, he’s still a great player. Lets move on.”
Fashion director Madhur Bhandarkar also said: “Who are these idiots who are pelting stones just because we lost a game? Have we forgotten it was @YUVSTRONG12 who won us both d World Cups?”
Dino Morea also wrote: “REALLY?? These people need to grow a BRAIN. PLAIN STUPID.”
Yuvraj Singh could score just 11 runs off 21 balls at a strike rate of 52.38 – the third slowest by an Indian batsman in T20Is.
Sanjay Gupta tweeted: “Now Yuvraj will trend for sure, if he isn’t already that is.”
What poor losers we are ! Shame on those throwing stones on Yuvraj 's home.
— Shobhaa De (@DeShobhaa) April 7, 2014
Dino Morea also said, “Wow, INDIA wins a Final, we put them so High up on a Pedestal, INDIA loses, and we rip them apart. Guys it’s a sport, win some, lose some.”