The ‘Good Will Hunting’ star, 63, was found dead yesterday of an apparent suicide.
Hailing his stage performances as the best ones, Amitabh Bachchan tweeted, “Lost in person Robin Williams… his versatility extraordinary, his best though to me was his stage stand-up solo performances!!”
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Shah Rukh Khan called Williams‘ his captain, referring to the actor’s inspiring role in film ‘Dead Poets Society’ (1989) while quoting Oscar Wilde.
“‘To have no yesterday, and no to-morrow. To forget time, to forgive life, to be at peace’… may death be so for My Captain. RIP Mr Williams,” the star wrote on his Twitter page.
Shekhar Kapur took to the micro-blogging site to express their sadness over Williams’ demise.
Haasan, whose ‘Chachi 420’ was said to be inspired by Williams ‘Mrs Doubtfire’, said, “If the alleged story about his suicide is true then I dislike him for ending his life before his due date of expiry. That’s a cop out that I don’t expect of an artist of his calibre. Same applies to my Indian idol Guru Dutt”.
Abhishek remembered him for his funny antics in films and wrote, “Oh captain, my… Terrible news about the passing of one of my favourite actors. Mr Robin Williams. This is the 1st time he made anyone cry.”
Azmi and Abhay call his death a major loss to the films.
“Robin Williams. What a loss! You leave behind a vaccum difficult to fill but your remarkable body of work will continue to inspire. RIP,” Shabana tweeted.
Abhay said, “Philip Seymour Hoffman, Zohra Sehgal, Robin Williams. The world’s a better place because they lived. RIP.”
“RIP Robin Williams. You will always remain in my memory as Mrs Doubtfire… Hope you find happiness up there you mad genius…,” Arjun posted.
“Robin Williams… This seems like a personal loss… What a sad start to the day… So much to learn, much to mourn… #RIPRobinWilliams,” Richa Chadha tweeted.
Shekhar Kapur questions the alleged suicide committed by the actor.
“The man that brought us so much laughter and joy committed suicide? Who knows the internal conflicts of the creative mind #RIPRobinWilliams,” he tweeted.
Farah tweeted, “Oh God!! How do you tell your kids Mrs Doubtfire has died!? RIP Robin Williams.. Thank you for the laughter in the movies!”
Farhan Akhtar and Sidharth Malhotra thanked the legendary actor for entertaining them from decades.
“Robin Williams. Thank you for the decades of entertainment. RIP,” Farhan wrote.
Sidharth said, “Sad to hear about Robin Williams-RIP and thank you for all the laughs.”
“Woke up to the awful and tragic news of Mr Robbin Williams. He touched our hearts through so many wonderful characters. RIP captain o captain,” Arjun Rampal tweeted.