Megastar Amitabh Bachchan remembered his mother Teji Bachchan on her birthday on August 12 and also called her the ‘most beautiful woman in the universe’.
“Happy Birthday Ma! August 12th.. The most beautiful woman in the universe! Her gentleness, joi de vivre.. In the Heavens now!,” the 71-year-old actor posted on Twitter.
Teji, who was a social activist, was born into a Khatri Sikh Punjabi family in Faisalabad, Punjab, India. She got married to Amitabh’s father Harivansh Rai Bachchan in 1941.
She played Lady Macbeth in her husband’s Hindi adaptation of Macbeth and also did a cameo appearance in son Amitabh-starrer ‘Kabhie Kabhie’.
Teji died at the age of 93 on December 21, 2007 following a prolonged illness.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016