The 71-year-old actor, wrote on his blog, that President Pranab Mukherjee appreciated and enjoyed the political satire. “The President of India, Mr Pranab Mukherji has just been shown our film ‘Bhoothnath Returns’ at the Rashtrapati Bhavan, and I am delighted to say he enjoyed it immensely. He applauded after the film was over, as did the entire select invitees and said it was such an apt and beautifully constructed film, keeping in mind the current election scenario in the country,” he wrote.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Big B was honoured as the President took out time from his busy schedule and obliged the ‘Bhoothnath Returns’ team.
“What a huge privilege and an honour for the President to have taken time out from his busy schedule to oblige us with his august presence. His words of encouragement for the entire cast and crew, and his generosity in presenting us with a special memento goes a long way in the appreciation of the film, and in his own kindness,” Big B further posted.
Amitabh Bahchchan had left for Delhi on Thursday morning for the special screening and is now back in Mumbai.
Sr Bachchan’s ‘Bhoothnath Returns’, which was released on April 11, has earned Rs 25.44 crore in five days and its makers are elated with the film’s success. The film has been produced by T-Series and BR Films.
The horror-comedy film ‘Bhootnath Returns’ has been directed by Nitesh Tiwari and is a sequel to the film ‘Bhoothnath’, released in 2008.