The “Piku” star saw the Neeraj Ghaywan film and was so impressed by newcomer’s performance that he decided to send a congratulatory message to Vicky’s father, senior action director Sham Kaushal, praising his performance.
“Sham… Just seen ‘Masaan’… What a beautiful subtle story and executed so well… And… Surely this is not your son Vicky’s first film..!!?? Goodness… Amazing for a first time… My greetings to him and wishes for wonderful future,” Bachchan, 72, wrote.
- Sidharth Malhotra pays tribute to Amitabh Bachchan at IFFI 2017, leaves the latter impressed
- Karan Johar and Vicky Kaushal to collaborate for Bombay Talkies sequel
- Vicky Kaushal: I am really excited and fortunate to be part of Raazi
- Anurag Kashyap is my guru, my mentor: Masaan actor Vicky Kaushal
- Vicky Kaushal on playing a Banarasi boy in Cannes premiered film, ‘Masaan’
- Had inhibitions to cast Vicky Kaushal in 'Masaan': Director Neeraj Ghaywan
The 27-year-old was left “humbled” after reading the words of praise from his inspiration said that this message is the biggest reward he can ask for.
“I am just so humbled by this gesture. Mr Bachchan has always been an inspiration and this message is the biggest motivation I have ever got. And I can easily say this has been my biggest reward so far… Something that I will cherish for the rest of my life,” said Vicky.