Upcoming quirky film “I Am Mr Mother”, directed by I. A. Siddique has impressed everyone who has seen the rushes of the unusual drama but one endorsement that will mean much to the makers is the praise by megastar Amitabh Bachchan.
The film’s lead actor, Gabriel Vats had the opportunity to meet Amitabh at the sidelines of the DVD launch of the megastar’s “Piku” and narrated the film’s story to him. He also showed him the poster of himself as a pregnant man.
Amitabh was completely impressed and appreciated the concept of the film, terming it “really good”, said Vats. Requested to come to their upcoming screening, he promised he would if his schedule allowed.
- Amitabh Bachchan and Jaya Bachchan: The ultimate Yash Chopra romance
- 102 Not Out teaser: Amitabh Bachchan and Rishi Kapoor present a unique father-son story
- Padmaavat actor Deepika Padukone receives a token of appreciation from her ‘baba’ Amitabh Bachchan
- Post wrap on Thugs of Hindostan, Amitabh Bachchan to start shooting for Nagraj Manjule’s Jhund
- Amitabh Bachchan tries to make everyone feel comfortable: Alia Bhatt
- ‘I Am Mr Mother’ release date postponed
“I Am Mr Mother” highlights the hardships faced by pregnant women and focuses to draw attention to the numerous pregnancy deaths in the country, with the depiction of a pregnant male. The film is a bold and grim portrayal of human emotions and relationships against the backdrop of love and despair.
The film along with Vats, also stars actresses Munmun Guha and Nishi Singh in lead roles, and is all geared up for release on July 24.