Bollywood stars Akshay Kumar, Varun Dhawan, Sudhir Mishra and Sonakshi Sinha among others have given a thumbs up to megastar Amitabh Bachchan possibly being the new brand ambassador of the ‘Incredible India’ campaign.
Bachchan, 73, is the centre’s “first choice” to replace Aamir Khan, whose contract for the tourism ministry’s campaign has ended. The final decision is yet to be taken.
It has been reported Akshay was also among the choices for the position.
Calling Bachchan the right one, Akshay told reporters, “He should be given that (brand ambassador). He is an icon… It would be great.”
“He is The perfect brand ambassador, true icon and the most appropriate person for incredible India,” said actor Ranveer Singh. (PHOTOS: Screen Awards 2016: Sonam, Ranveer, Sonakshi, Shilpa are head turners)
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Nawazuddin Siddiqui, who is sharing screen space with Bachchan in Sujoy Ghosh’s upcoming production “Te3n”, said, “I am happy. He deserves it.”
Filmmaker Sidhir Mishra called the “Piku” star incredible. (Read: Deepika gets Best Actress, Ranveer and Big B share Best Actor at Star Screen Awards)
“He is a great brand ambassador. So was Aamir. So is Mr Bachchan, so would be many other people. You can’t praise him (Bachchan) enough, there is not much that hasn’t been said about him. He is cultured, understands culture, understands India, he is very knowledgeable. Not just a film actor he is beyond that,” Mishra said.
While Sonakshi feels there is none better than Bachchan for the post. “I think nobody represents art and cinema in our country like him. He has been doing that for so many years. No one is better than him to be the brand ambassador.”
“He is definitely incredible. He deserves whatever honour he gets,” said Varun.
Director Shoojit Sircar, who has directed Bachchan in two films “Shoebite” and “Piku”, said he supports the actor in whatever he does.
“I am happy. Whatever he does, I am with him. He is a legend.”
Sonam Kapoor said, “It’s an apt ambassadorship. He was the brand ambassador for Gujrat, so it’s a natural progression.”
Filmmaker Subhash Ghai called Bachchan’s likely appointment superb. “It’s a great honour that he has become the ambassador.”
Kabir Khan, Raveena Tandon, Shilpa Shetty, Bhumi Pednekar, Prateik Babbar, Ronit Roy and Darshan Kumar were among the other celebrities, who praised the government’s choice.
The stars were speaking at the red carpet of 22nd Annual Star Screen Awards.