Bollywood stars Akshay Kumar, Varun Dhawan, Sudhir Mishra and Sonakshi Sinha among others have given a thumbs up to megastar Amitabh Bachchan possibly being the new brand ambassador of the ‘Incredible India’ campaign.
Bachchan, 73, is the centre’s “first choice” to replace Aamir Khan, whose contract for the tourism ministry’s campaign has ended. The final decision is yet to be taken.
It has been reported Akshay was also among the choices for the position.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Calling Bachchan the right one, Akshay told reporters, “He should be given that (brand ambassador). He is an icon… It would be great.”
“He is The perfect brand ambassador, true icon and the most appropriate person for incredible India,” said actor Ranveer Singh. (PHOTOS: Screen Awards 2016: Sonam, Ranveer, Sonakshi, Shilpa are head turners)
Nawazuddin Siddiqui, who is sharing screen space with Bachchan in Sujoy Ghosh’s upcoming production “Te3n”, said, “I am happy. He deserves it.”
Filmmaker Sidhir Mishra called the “Piku” star incredible. (Read: Deepika gets Best Actress, Ranveer and Big B share Best Actor at Star Screen Awards)
“He is a great brand ambassador. So was Aamir. So is Mr Bachchan, so would be many other people. You can’t praise him (Bachchan) enough, there is not much that hasn’t been said about him. He is cultured, understands culture, understands India, he is very knowledgeable. Not just a film actor he is beyond that,” Mishra said.
While Sonakshi feels there is none better than Bachchan for the post. “I think nobody represents art and cinema in our country like him. He has been doing that for so many years. No one is better than him to be the brand ambassador.”
“He is definitely incredible. He deserves whatever honour he gets,” said Varun.
Director Shoojit Sircar, who has directed Bachchan in two films “Shoebite” and “Piku”, said he supports the actor in whatever he does.
“I am happy. Whatever he does, I am with him. He is a legend.”
Sonam Kapoor said, “It’s an apt ambassadorship. He was the brand ambassador for Gujrat, so it’s a natural progression.”
Filmmaker Subhash Ghai called Bachchan’s likely appointment superb. “It’s a great honour that he has become the ambassador.”
Kabir Khan, Raveena Tandon, Shilpa Shetty, Bhumi Pednekar, Prateik Babbar, Ronit Roy and Darshan Kumar were among the other celebrities, who praised the government’s choice.
The stars were speaking at the red carpet of 22nd Annual Star Screen Awards.