Amitabh Bachchan may be one of the busiest actors in Hindi film industry but the megastar says he is not particularly choosy about his roles as there are not many choices left for him at this age.
“In this industry as you grow older you do not have many choices… You just take what comes your way… Which is not very often. I guess there is always a senior citizen to be enacted in young filmmakers’ scripts, and so they ask,” 71-year-old Bachchan told PTI in an email interview.
Bachchan would be next seen in horror comedy drama ‘Bhoothnath Returns’, a sequel to the 2008 film of the same name. The actor would reprise his role of a friendly ghost.
“I liked the concept of ‘Bhoothnath Returns’, and I had worked with Nitesh Tiwari (director) earlier on the promotions of ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati’,” he said.
The ‘Sholay’ star was often seen riding an automatic scooter with the kids. He also shot a party song with rapper Honey Singh.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“That scooter or cycle has been with me for years and has been used often enough… Even on sets,” said Bachchan.
The actor says his grandchildren are excited about his upcoming project. ‘Bhoothnath Returns’ will hit the screens on April 11 during the Lok Sabha elections but Bachchan is unperturbed by what will happen at the box-office.
“We shall find out soon enough. Not one producer director the world over has ever been able to predict the fate of a film on release. ‘Hum toh bahut chote log hain!’ (We are very small),” he said.
While Shah Rukh Khan appeared in the first ‘Bhootnath’ film, actor Ranbir Kapoor is doing a cameo in the sequel though he does not share screen space with Big B.
“His cameo is not with me. But I do agree he is an exceptional talent and I would love the opportunity to work with him,” Bachchan said when asked about Ranbir.
The actor, who is in the wish-list of filmmakers like Shoojit Sircar, Sujoy Ghosh and R Balki, says he admires these directors.
“I am fond of both Sujoy and Shoojit, they are creatively talented, and have enjoyed working with them. Shoojit’s film starts by June and Sujoy is busy with other projects.”
After the success of ‘Paa’, which also made him bag his career’s fourth National Award, Bachchan will again be teaming up with Balki for his next project. The untitled film will be produced by his actor son Abhishek Bachchan.
“Balki is another director that thinks out of the box … And makes it work… He has again got a most exciting script which he has offered to me, and I hope that we can create the same magic as we did in his earlier films…,” he said.