Megastar Amitabh Bachchan has been appointed as the state’s horticulture ambassador.
The 71-year-old actor, who is also the face of Gujarat tourism, would be promoting the horticulture sector in Maharashtra.
“Horticulture Ministry makes me Brand Ambassador for fruit products.. Jitendra Awhad, Minister promotes. I never knew Maharashtra was the number one state in fruit production of many varieties.. Happy promoting it for Horticulture Ministry!,” Bachchan posted on Twitter.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The ‘Yudh’ star also posted few pictures of himself being the ambassador. In one photograph, Bachchan is dressed in a traditional Marathi attire and holding a basket of fruits in one of his hands. In the other picture, the actor is promoting the state’s mangoes.
Last month, the ‘Bhootnath Returns’ star had met the minister to discuss about the promotion of horticulture in the state.
Maharashtra is India`s largest fruit producing state with around two million hectares area covered in fruit orchards.