Megastar Amitabh Bachchan has been appointed as the state’s horticulture ambassador.
The 71-year-old actor, who is also the face of Gujarat tourism, would be promoting the horticulture sector in Maharashtra.
“Horticulture Ministry makes me Brand Ambassador for fruit products.. Jitendra Awhad, Minister promotes. I never knew Maharashtra was the number one state in fruit production of many varieties.. Happy promoting it for Horticulture Ministry!,” Bachchan posted on Twitter.
The ‘Yudh’ star also posted few pictures of himself being the ambassador. In one photograph, Bachchan is dressed in a traditional Marathi attire and holding a basket of fruits in one of his hands. In the other picture, the actor is promoting the state’s mangoes.
Last month, the ‘Bhootnath Returns’ star had met the minister to discuss about the promotion of horticulture in the state.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Maharashtra is India`s largest fruit producing state with around two million hectares area covered in fruit orchards.