Lata Mangeshkar, Amitabh Bachchan and Salman Khan may give Narendra Modi’s swearing-in ceremony a miss in Delhi on Monday (May 26) while a host of Bollywood celebrities like Anupam Kher and Vivek Oberoi will attend the function.
Narendra Modi, who led BJP to an unprecedented victory, is taking oath as the 15th prime minister of the country at a function to be held in the forecourt of Rashtrapati Bhavan in the evening.
Amitabh Bachchan, Rajinikanth, Salman Khan and 84-year-old Lata Mangeshkar’s names reportedly figure on the guest list.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“She has been invited, but she won’t be attending the swearing-in ceremony as she cannot travel at this age,” sources close to Lata Mangeshkar told PTI.
According to sources, Big B is busy shooting. “He is busy shooting. Don’t think he is going,” sources said.
Amitabh Bachchan tweeted about two hours ago that he was going for a shoot. “Ok… off for the shot, its ready… cannot keep the crew
waiting… love to all… see you later in the evening or night or early,” the 71-year-old actor tweeted.
Salman Khan, who flew kite with Modi during a festival in Ahmedabad for promotion of his film ‘Jai Ho’ earlier this year, is already in Delhi to attend the ceremony.
Among the Bollywood personalities who will be attending the ceremony are Anupam Kher, Vivek Oberoi and Madhur Bhandarkar.
Actress Rekha and cricketing great Sachin Tendulkar from Mumbai have been invited for the function in their capacity as members of Rajya Sabha.
The BJP has a galaxy of film stars like Hema Malini, Paresh Rawal, Shatrughan Sinha, Vinod Khanna, Kirron Kher and Smriti Irani as members of the party, who will be there.