Lata Mangeshkar, Amitabh Bachchan and Salman Khan may give Narendra Modi’s swearing-in ceremony a miss in Delhi on Monday (May 26) while a host of Bollywood celebrities like Anupam Kher and Vivek Oberoi will attend the function.
Narendra Modi, who led BJP to an unprecedented victory, is taking oath as the 15th prime minister of the country at a function to be held in the forecourt of Rashtrapati Bhavan in the evening.
Amitabh Bachchan, Rajinikanth, Salman Khan and 84-year-old Lata Mangeshkar’s names reportedly figure on the guest list.
“She has been invited, but she won’t be attending the swearing-in ceremony as she cannot travel at this age,” sources close to Lata Mangeshkar told PTI.
According to sources, Big B is busy shooting. “He is busy shooting. Don’t think he is going,” sources said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Amitabh Bachchan tweeted about two hours ago that he was going for a shoot. “Ok… off for the shot, its ready… cannot keep the crew
waiting… love to all… see you later in the evening or night or early,” the 71-year-old actor tweeted.
Salman Khan, who flew kite with Modi during a festival in Ahmedabad for promotion of his film ‘Jai Ho’ earlier this year, is already in Delhi to attend the ceremony.
Among the Bollywood personalities who will be attending the ceremony are Anupam Kher, Vivek Oberoi and Madhur Bhandarkar.
Actress Rekha and cricketing great Sachin Tendulkar from Mumbai have been invited for the function in their capacity as members of Rajya Sabha.
The BJP has a galaxy of film stars like Hema Malini, Paresh Rawal, Shatrughan Sinha, Vinod Khanna, Kirron Kher and Smriti Irani as members of the party, who will be there.