According to a report in Dawn newspaper, Amitabh Bachchan, 71, and Katrina Kaif are among the many foreign dignitaries, who may attend the event organised by the Lahore Arts Council.
The organisers are hopeful that both Bachchan and Kaif will attend the proceedings in Lahore.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
“We have sent invitations to 12 personalities from India, mostly writers, including two prominent faces from Bollywood-Amitabh Bachchan and Katrina Kaif. Hopefully they will attend the conference,” Zulfiqar Ali Zulfi, Programmes Deputy Director, said.
Other personalities who have been sent invitations include Gulzar, Javed Akhtar, Shabana Azmi and Shamim Hanfi.
This year, the conference is themed around nostalgia, and the title is ‘Beetay Huway Din Yaad Atay Hain’.
Renowned people from all fields have been invited to speak at the conference, which will be held from May 24-26 at the Alhamra Art Centre, The Mall.