What do you expect when Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan and superstar comedian Kapil Sharma join forces on the stage? Entertainment, entertainment and entertainment!
Their chemistry was crackling! Their barbs were hilarious! And their oneliners literally bowled over the audience assembled here for the mega launch of the eighth season of ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati’, to go on air Aug 17.
From taking potshots at each other to trading light-hearted barbs – both of them put their funny sides foremost and cracked up the audience Saturday at the jam-packed Surat International Exhibition and Convention Centre, which has a seating capacity of about 7,000.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The two, now described as the titans of Indian television – Big B for his over 14-year successful stint with KBC, and Kapil for entertaining with his hit show ‘Comedy Nights With Kapil’ – were so enthralling that the audience stayed glued to their seats for over five hours.
In fact, high points were aplenty!
But the highest was when Big B, marvelling at Kapil’s humour, turned to the comedian’s mom sitting in the audience and asked: “Aaj main bhi aap se poochna chahta hoon ki aapne kya kha ke isse paida kiya tha?”
“Daal-phulka,” pat came Kapil’s mom’s response and had the people in splits, and she then told Big B that his father had a good sense of humour and he has inherited it from him.
Another funny moment was when Kapil’s single status was enquired about and he turned the table by requesting Big B and saying: “Would you please be kind enough to take my proposal to actress Deepika Padukone?”
They complemented each other on the stage and their fans were delighted to see them letting their hair down, especially 71-year-old Bachchan, who was in full form.
From shaking his leg to cracking jokes, Amitabh, known for organising stage shows abroad during his prime, was admirable in every sense of the word.
Kapil admitted being jittery about teaming up with Amitabh, but praised him for “giving space” and added: “This is my third time with Bachchan saab and whenever I work with him, I feel blessed.”
Kapil, who also took the hot seat for a dummy round, said his father was a fan of KBC and he used to watch the game show with him.
The ace comedian got emotional too.
“My mother was sitting in the audience and I got emotional, but then I thought I have come here to entertain people….”
Often seen in his serious avatar, Big B was a treat to watch and Kapil, known for his gift of the gab, heightened the fun with his presence.