A brave girl, trafficked at the age of nine in the name of marriage, has won kudos from megastar Amitabh Bachchan on his show ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati’.
Fatima Khatoon’s tale would be featured in the game show tomorrow alongwith actress Rani Mukerji who plays the lead role in the upcoming film ‘Mardaani’, which is also based on child trafficking.
“It was a very proud moment for me to sit on the hot seat along with Rani Mukerjee. She told me that the film is also very similar to my life. I am overwhelmed after getting a medal and a standing ovation from her and Amitabhji at the show,” Khatoon, who finally began an anti-trafficking campaign, told PTI over phone from Bihar.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“They will show how I reached the brothel after marriage, fought against the establishment there, came out and stood on my own feet,” the 28-year-old said.
In 2004, Khatoon began the first women’s group inside the red light area in Forbesganj. She now leads Apne Aap Girls’ program in Uttari Rampur red light area.
A mother of six children, she now organises women to fight for their own rights and the rights of their daughters to live a life free of sexual exploitation.
“I also investigate against trafficking rings. Me and my daughter have been constantly attacked by the traffickers who try to keep her away from going to school,” she said.
Khatoon has also won a handsome amount on the show.
“I will use the money to raise my six children and build a home for them,” she said.
She also plans to build a shelter home for women in distress.