Amitabh Bachchan, on completing 47 years in the Indian entertainment world, said he is thankful to Mumbai for giving him all that he has today. Big B on Sunday evening shared a photograph from the 1969 film “Saat Hindustani”, which marked his debut in Bollywood. The film was directed by Khwaja Ahmad Abbas.
“Goodness me… 47 years in the industry for me,” the 74-year-old captioned the image.
In his long journey in filmdom, the the National Film Award winner has worked in titles like “Guddi”, “Bombay to Goa”, “Zanjeer”, “Silsila”, “Abhimaan”, “Deewar”, “Don”, “Muqaddar Ka Sikandar”, “Black”, “Paa” and “Piku”.
“47 years of my life in this city of Mumbai that gave me all that I possess now, that engulfed me in its warm and affectionate embrace, nurtured me, protected me, pushed me, kicked me, reprimanded me, raised me to heights and crushed me with my falls, allowed me to make a beginning with the first film in profession,” Big B wrote on his blog.
T 2434 – And the love of the well wishers .. even after 47 years .. I feel so blessed !! pic.twitter.com/RZhsDPWcZH
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
— Amitabh Bachchan (@SrBachchan) November 6, 2016
On the work front, Amitabh is currently gearing up for working with superstar Aamir in the upcoming film “Thug”. Technological advancement has lent speed to the film shooting process, says veteran actor Amitabh Bachchan, who feels the filming schedule of his upcoming political thriller Sarkar 3 might wrap up before the scheduled time. The 74-year-old wrote on his blog on Tuesday night: “The usage of multiple cameras prevents the time taken in shifting and relighting another shot for the close-up or the long shot, because the multiple camera set up gives the director a facility to use different lenses at different angles, so that the set up or the machine does not have to move about, or the actor to keep re-preparing himself or herself for the next shot.”