The Entertainment Society of Goa (ESG) will invite Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan to attend the upcoming edition of International Film Festival of India (IFFI) here, which is scheduled in November.
The move by ESG, established by the Government of Goa in 2004, as the nodal agency in the organisation of the IFFI, is expected to break the ice between the actor and the organisers.
The relationship between Bachchan, 71, and IFFI, since it shifted to Goa, has generated all kinds of controversies in the past.
There have been instances when the invitation to Big B was withdrawn at the last moment purportedly because of the strained relations between the Nehru-Gandhi family and the Bachchans.
The erstwhile Congress-led UPA government in Goa did not invite Bachchan for the event, fuelling speculation that non-invitation was political and purposeful, however the Congress had always denied the charge.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
“We have already begun a process to invite Amitabh Bachchan for the festival. We all are his fans. I will be personally happy if he comes to Goa to attend the festival,”
ESG Vice-Chairman, Damodar Naik told PTI. He said that the presence of Bachchan would lend more importance to the event, which has been held in Goa since 2004.
Bachchan had attended the IFFI in year 2004 as a brand ambassador of campaign for HIV/AIDS. He was present for the screening of an acclaimed South African film on the subject during the 35th IFFI, when the festival travelled to Goa for the first time from Delhi.
The IFFI is scheduled from November 20-30, 2014. Naik said that the preparations for the festivals have already begun.