The biggest name in Bollywood, Amitabh Bachchan received the Lifetime Achievement Award at the 20th Annual Life OK Screen Awards on Tuesday (January 14), which was held at MMRDA Grounds, Mumbai.
The actor arrived at the venue with wife Jaya Bachchan and son Abhishek minus daughter-in-law Aishwarya and granddaughter Aaradhya.
The actor was presented with the Award by his long-time contemporaries and close friends from the film fraternity, actor Shatrughan Sinha and filmmaker Vidhu Vinod Chopra, who had more than just praise for the star that came to be known as the ‘Angry young Man’.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
The host for the night, Shah Rukh Khan also added to the tribute of the superstar.
After the event, Big B who is quite active when it comes to social networking took to Twitter to post about the happenings of the grand night.
“-Coming up to 2 am on the 15th and am back from Screen Awards, after they felicitate me with Lifetime Achievement Award .. honoured !,” posted Big B late into the night.
He further added, “Does become most awkward to sit and hear 3 dynamic talents and icons of Industry, praise your presence .. deeply indebted to them !”
“Shahrukh, Vidhu Vinod Chopra and the eloquent Shatrughan Sinha, present me the Award .. but their words for me were bigger award !”
Though most worthy of all praise, Big B showed his humble nature once again, “When so many make such great effort to honour one, you almost begin to believe that you have done some good ! I have not !!”
Filmmaker Subhash Ghai also took to Twitter to pen his thoughts on Big B’s honour. “Amitabh bachchan’ Biggest quality I always admire he maintains his grace in all his highs n lows .he was so graceful tonite @ screen award.”