Bachchan, 72, who began the proceedings by singing the National Anthem at Sardar Patel Stadium, NSCI, said he was “honoured” to sing the anthem.
“First day of ProKabaddi… And I sing the National Anthem… first time ever! Honored and a privilege …” he posted on his Facebook page.
- Dabboo Ratnani 2018 calendar: Look out for 'smoky' Shah Rukh Khan and 'sandy' Alia Bhatt
- Photos: Amitabh Bachchan rang in the new year with his 'bestest' granddaughters Aaradhya and Navya Naveli
- Amitabh Bachchan's old injury aggravated, was seen at Anushka-Virat's reception with a sling
- Amitabh Bachchan is in serious throwback mood, shares photos with Sridevi, Salman, Aamir and Abhishek
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan cheers for hubby Abhishek's Kabaddi team with Big B and Aamir
- Kabaddi brings Aamir, Shah Rukh Khan together
The opening encounter was between defending champions Jaipur Pink Panthers, owned by Abhishek, and last year’s runners-up U Mumba.
The “Piku” actor thanked Aamir, Riteish Deshmukh and his wife Genelia for attending the ceremony.
“Great turn out of friends at the stadium… Thank you all for coming… Aamir, Riteish, Genelia, and so many others …”
Bachchan also took to Twitter and shared a picture where he is sporting his three Padma Medals.
“The first time ever I wear my Padma medals .. all 3 .. and then switch to cheering Jaipur,” he captioned the picture.