They both have Indians roots, grew up in the US and are part of the glamour world. Now couturière Amita Bal and Trishala Dutt, daughter of Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt and late actress Richa Sharma, have joined hands and are set to give “fashion” a new meaning.
Their first project is for a high-end fashion magazine.
While Amita, based in Palo Alto in the Silicon Valley, 20 minutes south from San Francisco, entered the field with her couture line three years ago, New York-based Trishala recently floated her hair extension line DreamTresses Hair Extensions, which provides hat clip-in hair extensions.
“They both are stylish, fashion forward, business women and are planning to take over Bollywood and US with their trend-setting,” said a statement.
“They have a lot in common – from being in their early 20s, to being born in America and having a Bollywood background – for Trishala by birth and Amita by choice.”
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
Their maiden project was shot June 23 at a private winery, Kuleto Estate, Napa Valley. While Amita styled and directed it, Trishala provided her hair extension line for the shoot.
Next month, the duo will work on Bollywood celebrity photo-shoot in Los Angeles.
“Trishala will be flying out there from New York for the shoot. They both have a phenomenal alliance,” said the statement.
If Trishala has a strong India connect, Amita too is well versed with Indian culture and fashion, thanks to her schooling in India.
Amita organised a Bollywood fashion show with the first Indian American Miss America Nina Davuluri as her showstopper at the International Indian Film Academy Awards in Tampa Bay and wowed the audiences with her design aesthetic and fashion sense.
She also owns a showroom in Fremont, California and has her workshop in India.