They both have Indians roots, grew up in the US and are part of the glamour world. Now couturière Amita Bal and Trishala Dutt, daughter of Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt and late actress Richa Sharma, have joined hands and are set to give “fashion” a new meaning.
Their first project is for a high-end fashion magazine.
While Amita, based in Palo Alto in the Silicon Valley, 20 minutes south from San Francisco, entered the field with her couture line three years ago, New York-based Trishala recently floated her hair extension line DreamTresses Hair Extensions, which provides hat clip-in hair extensions.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
“They both are stylish, fashion forward, business women and are planning to take over Bollywood and US with their trend-setting,” said a statement.
“They have a lot in common – from being in their early 20s, to being born in America and having a Bollywood background – for Trishala by birth and Amita by choice.”
Their maiden project was shot June 23 at a private winery, Kuleto Estate, Napa Valley. While Amita styled and directed it, Trishala provided her hair extension line for the shoot.
Next month, the duo will work on Bollywood celebrity photo-shoot in Los Angeles.
“Trishala will be flying out there from New York for the shoot. They both have a phenomenal alliance,” said the statement.
If Trishala has a strong India connect, Amita too is well versed with Indian culture and fashion, thanks to her schooling in India.
Amita organised a Bollywood fashion show with the first Indian American Miss America Nina Davuluri as her showstopper at the International Indian Film Academy Awards in Tampa Bay and wowed the audiences with her design aesthetic and fashion sense.
She also owns a showroom in Fremont, California and has her workshop in India.