Actor Amit Sadh’s two most talked about projects – ’10 Janpath’ and a biopic on a Kargil war hero seem to have landed in cold storage.
The TV actor, who shot to fame with ‘Kai Po Che’ had bagged the political thriller ’10 Janpath’ soon after the success of the film.
The team of director Aditya Datt, Producers Eros International and Viki Rajani were backing the project, which also stars Paresh Rawal. The shoot for the film was scheduled to begin from last year but it has got delayed.
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
“I don’t know the status of ’10 Janpath’ yet. They have not got back to me. The film has not gone on floors yet, it was to happen last year. I take such things in stride. It was a good script. If they get back to me I would love to do it but we will see how things work out,” Amit told PTI.
Fate of another project called ‘The Champ’, a biopic on the life of a pugilist and Kargil war hero Som Bahadur Pun is also hanging. This film was to mark the Bollywood directorial debut of Shubendu Bhattacharya, writer of Shoojit Sircar’s ‘Madras Cafe’.
Apparently, Som Bahadur Pun, a Kargil war hero, took to boxing when he was ten, went to war and won a silver medal in the Commonwealth Games (2002). Pun’s career was cut short
by injuries but he made a comeback.
Director Shubendu Bhattacharya had said that he had already cast Amit Sadh to play Som Bahadur Pun. Manoj Bajpayee had been finalised to play the role of his coach Rana.
“I had met him (Shubendu Bhattacharya) once for a film. I don’t remember if it was a biopic on Som Bahadur Pun. I don’t know why he is saying such things. I don’t know what is happening to this film,” Amit said.
Amit will be seen next in ‘Gunday’ (which released on February 14), ‘Running Shaadi.com’ and ‘Guddu Rangeela’.