Actor Amit Sadh’s two most talked about projects – ’10 Janpath’ and a biopic on a Kargil war hero seem to have landed in cold storage.
The TV actor, who shot to fame with ‘Kai Po Che’ had bagged the political thriller ’10 Janpath’ soon after the success of the film.
The team of director Aditya Datt, Producers Eros International and Viki Rajani were backing the project, which also stars Paresh Rawal. The shoot for the film was scheduled to begin from last year but it has got delayed.
“I don’t know the status of ’10 Janpath’ yet. They have not got back to me. The film has not gone on floors yet, it was to happen last year. I take such things in stride. It was a good script. If they get back to me I would love to do it but we will see how things work out,” Amit told PTI.
Fate of another project called ‘The Champ’, a biopic on the life of a pugilist and Kargil war hero Som Bahadur Pun is also hanging. This film was to mark the Bollywood directorial debut of Shubendu Bhattacharya, writer of Shoojit Sircar’s ‘Madras Cafe’.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Apparently, Som Bahadur Pun, a Kargil war hero, took to boxing when he was ten, went to war and won a silver medal in the Commonwealth Games (2002). Pun’s career was cut short
by injuries but he made a comeback.
Director Shubendu Bhattacharya had said that he had already cast Amit Sadh to play Som Bahadur Pun. Manoj Bajpayee had been finalised to play the role of his coach Rana.
“I had met him (Shubendu Bhattacharya) once for a film. I don’t remember if it was a biopic on Som Bahadur Pun. I don’t know why he is saying such things. I don’t know what is happening to this film,” Amit said.
Amit will be seen next in ‘Gunday’ (which released on February 14), ‘Running Shaadi.com’ and ‘Guddu Rangeela’.