Many Bollywood actors have faced trouble at the airports, from losing their baggage to being detained at customs; celebrities are mostly left miffed after the long journey. The recent victim of such a situation was actor Amit Sadh who debuted in Bollywood with ‘Kai Po Che’. The actor went for a trip to US to meet his family and friends but got detained at the John F Kennedy International airport in New York.
According to Amit Sadh, one of his friends from New York had asked for a ‘Kirpan’ (a ceremonial dagger of the Sikh community) from India and the actor obliged and bought the dagger from The Golden Temple, Amritsar. When Sadh went in for a security check, he was asked to move away from the crowd and the officials at the airport asked him to wait.
As he followed the instructions, he was asked to show his passport for verification. Despite checking his baggage, Amit Sadh was detained at the airport for about six hours. In fact, the officials even removed the Kirpan from his bag but Amit Sadh had to convince them that it was of religious significance.
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
The actor had to argue his way through and only after a long spree of interrogation, Amit managed to retrieve the Kirpan. Describing the incident as a horrifying experience and after longs hours of wait, Amit Sadh finally was left unharmed.
Starting his career as a television actor, Amit Sadh has now completely shifted his focus towards Bollywood. Amit will soon be seen in Shoojit Sircar’s ‘Running Shaadi.com’ opposite Tapsee Pannu and he is also wrapping up Subhash Kapoor’s ‘Guddu Rangeela’ which stars Arshad Warsi and Aditi Rao Hydari.