Many Bollywood actors have faced trouble at the airports, from losing their baggage to being detained at customs; celebrities are mostly left miffed after the long journey. The recent victim of such a situation was actor Amit Sadh who debuted in Bollywood with ‘Kai Po Che’. The actor went for a trip to US to meet his family and friends but got detained at the John F Kennedy International airport in New York.
According to Amit Sadh, one of his friends from New York had asked for a ‘Kirpan’ (a ceremonial dagger of the Sikh community) from India and the actor obliged and bought the dagger from The Golden Temple, Amritsar. When Sadh went in for a security check, he was asked to move away from the crowd and the officials at the airport asked him to wait.
As he followed the instructions, he was asked to show his passport for verification. Despite checking his baggage, Amit Sadh was detained at the airport for about six hours. In fact, the officials even removed the Kirpan from his bag but Amit Sadh had to convince them that it was of religious significance.
The actor had to argue his way through and only after a long spree of interrogation, Amit managed to retrieve the Kirpan. Describing the incident as a horrifying experience and after longs hours of wait, Amit Sadh finally was left unharmed.
Starting his career as a television actor, Amit Sadh has now completely shifted his focus towards Bollywood. Amit will soon be seen in Shoojit Sircar’s ‘Running Shaadi.com’ opposite Tapsee Pannu and he is also wrapping up Subhash Kapoor’s ‘Guddu Rangeela’ which stars Arshad Warsi and Aditi Rao Hydari.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More