“Kaho Naa…Pyaar Hai” struck gold at the box office over a decade back and gave a dream debut to two actors – Hrithik Roshan and Ameesha Patel. The actress says the audience wants to see the film’s lead couple back on screen together and a sequel to the 2000 film would be just perfect to stir things up.
“I think, the day Kaho Naa… Pyaar Hai’ part 2 is announced, the entire country will go mad with excitement. Everyone is waiting for me and Hrithik to come back to screen together. And it is upto Hrithik and Rakesh Roshan (director of the film) to make it happen,” Ameesha said.
- 10 films from 2000s that foreshadow what audiences are watching today
- Ameesha Patel gets trolled for latest photoshoot
- Sussanne Khan joins Hrithik Roshan at his birthday bash, see photos
- Rakesh Roshan gives best birthday gift to son Hrithik Roshan, announces Krrish 4
- Happy birthday Hrithik Roshan: Here’s why the Super 30 actor is Bollywood’s true ‘Greek God’
- Ameesha Patel: My good time is back
The actress talked about the romantic film at a fund raising art exhibition for cancer patients here.
While Hrithik still rules hearts, Ameesha slowly faded away after a string of flops. The actress is trying to revive her career with her home production “Desi Magic”.
“It is my first film as producer. People will see me pretty soon on the silver screen and in a double role,” she said.
The “Gadar: Ek Prem Katha” star says she wants to bounce back into the limelight with the film which is nearing completion.
“I want to come back to the silver screen and what better than with my own production. About 80 percent of the shooting is complete and the movie will release shortly in two to three months,” said the 39-year-old.
“Desi Magic” is being directed by Mehul Atha and co-produced by Ameesha and Kuunal Goomer under the banner of Ameesha Patel Productions.
It also features Zayed Khan and Sahil Shroff in key roles.