The first trailer of much-awaited Aligarh movie starring Manoj Bajpyee and Rajkummar Rao is out. Aligarh, which has been directed by Hansal Mehta, is based on the real life story of Shrinivas Ramchandra Siras, the professor of Marathi at Aligarh Muslim University (AMU).
Siras was suspended by Aligarh Muslim University after he was filmed by spy camera having consensual sex with a man in his bedroom.
Manoj Bajpayee portrays the emotionally vulnerable gay professor while National Award winning actor Rajkummar Rao plays the journalist who unravels the lead character’s real world and help him take the fight forward.
Also read: I envy Rajkummar Rao, says Manoj Bajpayee
Manoj Bajpayee and Rajkummar Rao are brilliant in the trailer. The movie has already received applauds at the international film festivals.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Every bit of the trailer is captivating.The film talks about Section 377, which criminalises Sexual Activies Against the order of Nature, and also includes Homosexual acts.
From the makers of critically acclaimed films like ‘Citylights’, ‘Shahid’ and ‘NH10’, ‘Aligarh’ is a moving creation.
Aligarh was screened at the 20th Busan International Film Festival in October last year then at the London Film Festival and recently as the 17th Jio MAMI Mumbai Film Festival in Mumbai last year.
‘Aligarh’ is set to release on February 26, 2016.
Watch the Trailer here.