The first trailer of much-awaited Aligarh movie starring Manoj Bajpyee and Rajkummar Rao is out. Aligarh, which has been directed by Hansal Mehta, is based on the real life story of Shrinivas Ramchandra Siras, the professor of Marathi at Aligarh Muslim University (AMU).
Siras was suspended by Aligarh Muslim University after he was filmed by spy camera having consensual sex with a man in his bedroom.
Manoj Bajpayee portrays the emotionally vulnerable gay professor while National Award winning actor Rajkummar Rao plays the journalist who unravels the lead character’s real world and help him take the fight forward.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Also read: I envy Rajkummar Rao, says Manoj Bajpayee
Manoj Bajpayee and Rajkummar Rao are brilliant in the trailer. The movie has already received applauds at the international film festivals.
Every bit of the trailer is captivating.The film talks about Section 377, which criminalises Sexual Activies Against the order of Nature, and also includes Homosexual acts.
From the makers of critically acclaimed films like ‘Citylights’, ‘Shahid’ and ‘NH10’, ‘Aligarh’ is a moving creation.
Aligarh was screened at the 20th Busan International Film Festival in October last year then at the London Film Festival and recently as the 17th Jio MAMI Mumbai Film Festival in Mumbai last year.
‘Aligarh’ is set to release on February 26, 2016.
Watch the Trailer here.