Bollywood newbie Alia Bhatt has become the youngest actress to enter the elite Rs. 100-crore club. Her father and filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt says that she must keep on reinventing herself to sustain her career.
Speaking to The Indian Express, Mahesh Bhatt said, “She has just started her journey. Alia has to keep on reinventing herself. She should keep on expanding her mental and emotional horizon to be able to sustain a career which has taken such a spectacular start. It is not easy to fuel a career without consistent work.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The 21-year-old actress made a spectacular acting debut with Karan Johar’s ‘Student of The Year’ and went on to prove her mettle in her second film ‘Highway’.
Alia Bhatt’s performance in the road-drama film won her accolades from the film fraternity and her fans.
In an earlier interview, Alia Bhatt had said that her father is a difficult man to impress. And here’s what Mahesh Bhatt has to say, “I do not indulge in niceties. I respond like the audience does. Though I have been a filmmaker and have an understanding and anything truthful woos me. When she performs truthfully it touches me, like it touches audience. Her performance in ‘Highway’ touched me deeply and I also liked her in the other two films.”
Soon after the success of ‘Highway’, Alia Bhatt starred in ‘2 States’ opposite Arjun Kapoor, which promptly entered the Rs 100 crore club.
Mahesh Bhatt says that Alia has managed the two schools of acting – offbeat and for the masses – ‘successfully’. He said, “She very successfully manged both the polarities which exist I the film industries – of a serious actor and also an actor who can entertain and woo you.”
Alia Bhatt will soon be seen in yet another rom-com by Karan Johar’s Dharma Production titled ‘Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhaniya’. The film also stars Varun Dhawan and is set to hit theatres on July 11.