Bollywood newbie Alia Bhatt has become the youngest actress to enter the elite Rs. 100-crore club. Her father and filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt says that she must keep on reinventing herself to sustain her career.
Speaking to The Indian Express, Mahesh Bhatt said, “She has just started her journey. Alia has to keep on reinventing herself. She should keep on expanding her mental and emotional horizon to be able to sustain a career which has taken such a spectacular start. It is not easy to fuel a career without consistent work.”
The 21-year-old actress made a spectacular acting debut with Karan Johar’s ‘Student of The Year’ and went on to prove her mettle in her second film ‘Highway’.
Alia Bhatt’s performance in the road-drama film won her accolades from the film fraternity and her fans.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
In an earlier interview, Alia Bhatt had said that her father is a difficult man to impress. And here’s what Mahesh Bhatt has to say, “I do not indulge in niceties. I respond like the audience does. Though I have been a filmmaker and have an understanding and anything truthful woos me. When she performs truthfully it touches me, like it touches audience. Her performance in ‘Highway’ touched me deeply and I also liked her in the other two films.”
Soon after the success of ‘Highway’, Alia Bhatt starred in ‘2 States’ opposite Arjun Kapoor, which promptly entered the Rs 100 crore club.
Mahesh Bhatt says that Alia has managed the two schools of acting – offbeat and for the masses – ‘successfully’. He said, “She very successfully manged both the polarities which exist I the film industries – of a serious actor and also an actor who can entertain and woo you.”
Alia Bhatt will soon be seen in yet another rom-com by Karan Johar’s Dharma Production titled ‘Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhaniya’. The film also stars Varun Dhawan and is set to hit theatres on July 11.