Bollywood actress Alia Bhatt and actor Randeep Hooda’s road drama film ‘Highway’ has got off to a slow start despite getting good reviews from the critics. The film managed to collect a little above Rs 13 crore in its opening weekend.
Noted film critic Taran Adarsh tweeted the figures, “#Highway Fri 3.42 cr, Sat 4.80 cr, Sun 5.75 cr. Total: Rs 13.97 cr nett. India biz only.”
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
However, two-film old Alia Bhatt has received positive reviews as Veera, who finds freedom when kidnapped by the uncouth Mahavir Bhati (Randeep Hooda).
The Indian Express reviewer Shubhra Gupta said, “Alia Bhatt has walked past her babydoll cosmetic debut in ‘Student Of The Year’ for a demanding role. Her Veera is effortlessly fresh-faced, absurdly young, scrubbed and vulnerable.”
Taran Adarsh tweeted, “#Gunday [1st Week] India *nett* ₹ 63.08 cr, *gross* ₹ 82 cr. Overseas *gross* ₹ 17.22 cr. Worldwide total *gross* ₹ 99.22 cr.