Bollywood actress Alia Bhatt and actor Randeep Hooda’s road drama film ‘Highway’ has got off to a slow start despite getting good reviews from the critics. The film managed to collect a little above Rs 13 crore in its opening weekend.
Noted film critic Taran Adarsh tweeted the figures, “#Highway Fri 3.42 cr, Sat 4.80 cr, Sun 5.75 cr. Total: Rs 13.97 cr nett. India biz only.”
However, two-film old Alia Bhatt has received positive reviews as Veera, who finds freedom when kidnapped by the uncouth Mahavir Bhati (Randeep Hooda).
The Indian Express reviewer Shubhra Gupta said, “Alia Bhatt has walked past her babydoll cosmetic debut in ‘Student Of The Year’ for a demanding role. Her Veera is effortlessly fresh-faced, absurdly young, scrubbed and vulnerable.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Taran Adarsh tweeted, “#Gunday [1st Week] India *nett* ₹ 63.08 cr, *gross* ₹ 82 cr. Overseas *gross* ₹ 17.22 cr. Worldwide total *gross* ₹ 99.22 cr.