‘Rockstar’ director Imtiaz Ali’s ‘out of the box’ film ‘Highway’ has done a decent business of Rs 18.23 crore till now. One movie old Alia Bhatt and Randeep Hooda starrer ‘Highway’ earned Rs 3.42 crore on its release day, Friday and Rs 10.57 crore over the weekend. It managed to collect Rs 2.24 crore on Monday.
Film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted ‘Highway’s business in India, “#Highway Fri 3.42 cr, Sat 4.82 cr, Sun 5.75 cr, Mon 2.24 cr, Tue 2 cr. Total: ₹ 18.23 cr nett. India biz only.”. The slightly off-beat film ‘Highway’ fared not too badly through the weekend and on Monday.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The film had released in approximately 700 screens.
Alia Bhatt was appreciated for her work in the film by everyone in the film industry, including her father Mahesh Bhatt and noted lyricist Javed Akhtar, who had compared her with Nargis and Meena Kumari.
“Milestones -Nargis in Mother India Meena kumari in saheb bibi.. Nutan in BANDANI Shabana in Arth and now Alia Bhatt in Highway,” said Javed Akhtar.
Indian Express reviewer Shubhra Gupta said, “this is perhaps the most picturesque road movie I have seen coming out of Bollywood, but the story struggles with its twin threads and uneven tone. ‘Highway’ is a patchy ride, with the occasional high spot.”
“Alia Bhatt has walked past her babydoll cosmetic debut in ‘Student Of The Year’ for a demanding role. Her Veera is effortlessly fresh-faced, absurdly young, scrubbed and vulnerable. But the sense of terror and dread that would make the character credible is never fully present,” Shubhra said about Alia.