Alia Bhatt had played the role of young Preity Zinta in her father Mahesh Bhatt’s ‘Sangharsh’.
Preity Zinta took to twitter to shower praises on the cast and crew of film, “Must watch #Highway 4 @RandeepHooda & @aliaa08 spectacular performances ! Definitely Imtiaz’s best & most honest film. Don’t miss it Folks !”
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Preity Zinta also added, “I still remember seeing @aliaa08 as a little cutie on the Sets of Sangharsh playing mini me. This one will be the Brightest star 4 ever :-)”
Joining the club, poet, lyricist and scriptwriter Javed Akhtar compared Alia Bhatt with yesteryears talented beauties like Nargis in ‘Mother India’, Shabana Azmi in ‘Arth’ and so on.
Javed Akhtar tweeted:
Milestones -Nargis in Mother India Meena kumari in saheb bibi.. Nutan in BANDANI Shabana in Arth and now Alia Bhatt in Highway.
— Javed Akhtar (@Javedakhtarjadu) February 21, 2014
Javed Akhtar’s actress wife Shabana Azmi also took to Twitter to praise the new shining star Alia Bhatt and said Alia is a mix of vulnerability and insouciance.
Alia Bhatt is such a mix of vulnerability n insouciance she tears at your heart in Highway. Randeep not a false note.Imtiaz Ali take a bow
— Azmi Shabana (@AzmiShabana) February 21, 2014
The road drama film which released on February 21, has made a slow start at the Box Office, but has received good reviews for the critics. Alia Bhatt has specially prooved her mettle as the young Veera, who finds freedom in bondage after being kidnapped by an uncouth Mahavir Bhatti (Randeep Hooda).
The Indian Express reviewer Shubhra Gupta said, “Alia Bhatt has walked past her babydoll cosmetic debut in ‘Student Of The Year’ for a demanding role. Her Veera is effortlessly fresh-faced, absurdly young, scrubbed and vulnerable.”