Alia Bhatt had played the role of young Preity Zinta in her father Mahesh Bhatt’s ‘Sangharsh’.
Preity Zinta took to twitter to shower praises on the cast and crew of film, “Must watch #Highway 4 @RandeepHooda & @aliaa08 spectacular performances ! Definitely Imtiaz’s best & most honest film. Don’t miss it Folks !”
Preity Zinta also added, “I still remember seeing @aliaa08 as a little cutie on the Sets of Sangharsh playing mini me. This one will be the Brightest star 4 ever :-)”
Joining the club, poet, lyricist and scriptwriter Javed Akhtar compared Alia Bhatt with yesteryears talented beauties like Nargis in ‘Mother India’, Shabana Azmi in ‘Arth’ and so on.
Javed Akhtar tweeted:
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Milestones -Nargis in Mother India Meena kumari in saheb bibi.. Nutan in BANDANI Shabana in Arth and now Alia Bhatt in Highway.
— Javed Akhtar (@Javedakhtarjadu) February 21, 2014
Javed Akhtar’s actress wife Shabana Azmi also took to Twitter to praise the new shining star Alia Bhatt and said Alia is a mix of vulnerability and insouciance.
Alia Bhatt is such a mix of vulnerability n insouciance she tears at your heart in Highway. Randeep not a false note.Imtiaz Ali take a bow
— Azmi Shabana (@AzmiShabana) February 21, 2014
The road drama film which released on February 21, has made a slow start at the Box Office, but has received good reviews for the critics. Alia Bhatt has specially prooved her mettle as the young Veera, who finds freedom in bondage after being kidnapped by an uncouth Mahavir Bhatti (Randeep Hooda).
The Indian Express reviewer Shubhra Gupta said, “Alia Bhatt has walked past her babydoll cosmetic debut in ‘Student Of The Year’ for a demanding role. Her Veera is effortlessly fresh-faced, absurdly young, scrubbed and vulnerable.”