After making a start with out and out commercial film “Student of The Year”, Alia turned to Ali and Abhishek Verman for “Highway” and “2 States” respectively and both the films gave her ample opportunity to prove her versatility.
The roles in both the films were as different as chalk and cheese and the 21-year-old passed with flying colours, thanks to her spontaneity, naturalness and ease in front of the camera.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Talking about the choices she makes, Alia said: “I just don’t want to be a love interest in a film, I should have that equal effect. I don’t want to be just standing over there in one frame I can’t do that. That does not mean I don’t want to do commercial films.”
While pursuing meaty roles, she is equally interested in typical commercial cinema.
“I want to do all the commercial films. I want to work with Rohit Shetty… (Okay with) full comedy and action, but a good role,” Alia told reporters in a group interview.
Alia watches all the films of her competitors.
“Yes, I do watch all the films of my competitors, but not because I am competing with them. I like watching films. I am a moviegoer, so I make it a point to watch all the films.”
After three hits, Alia is busy promoting “Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania” (HSKD).
“HSKD is an out and out love story. The last love story was ‘Jab We Met’. There has been many romantic-comedy, but not a typical love story whereas ‘HSDK’ is all an all love story and in a modern way fits in 2014 idea of love rather than what was 15 years ago.”
Directed by Shashank Khaitan, “Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania” has Alia romancing Varun Dhawan. It hits the screens July 11.