The 21-year-old actress was a front row guest at the designer’s show two year’s ago, ahead of the release of her debut film ‘Student of The Year’, and since then she has been waiting for her chance.
“Walking for Manish Malhotra is a big deal for me… Two years ago I saw Katrina Kaif walk the ramp for him here and I was sitting in the front row and I wondered when I will get to walk for him. I am so happy that I did it today,” Alia said.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
The actress said though she looked confident on the ramp, she was very nervous and tried hard to manage herself in the red lehenga-choli set weighing 25 kgs.
“I get very nervous on ramp. I am a very clumsy human being… I fall (while) standing. Walking on the ramp wearing a 25 kgs lehenga was a daunting task for me in high heels, but it was the best two minutes,” she said.
In her latest release ‘Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania’, Alia’s character digs designer wears.
“Just like Kavya, I also love designer wears especially Manish’s… My favourite being the pink lehenga that I wore in the ‘Radha’ song in ‘Student of The Year’,” she said.