Whether it’s her stylish demeanour in Student of the Year or rugged ‘desi’ avatar in Udta Punjab, Alia Bhatt has time and again shown her range as an actor. She says choosing different roles is a question of challenging herself and not about proving her versatility. Alia said, “I truly believe that stardom comes with a great amount of work behind you. In technical terms, it comes with a body of work. As an actor, I am glad I am able to perform versatile roles.”
“It’s a conscious effort to do so, but I am not trying to look like a versatile actor. I just want to challenge myself. I have to do different things and experiment,” she added. Alia, who made her debut with Student Of The Year, was also appreciated in subsequent projects like Highway, 2 States, Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania and Kapoor & Sons. Her role as a victim of the drug menace in Udta Punjab is also worth a mention.
Her next project Dear Zindagi sees her in a fresh avatar with superstar Shah Rukh Khan. “Every actor looks forward to work with him. It’s a dream come true for every actor. I am all the more happy because this is the kind of film for both of us to do together which is so unique and interesting. We have not seen this genre before, and I am most excited to see how people react,” said the actress, who plays an an aspiring filmmaker on the lookout for unanswered questions, in the film.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The Gauri Shinde directorial, described as a slice-of-life film, also features Ali Zafar, Aditya Roy Kapur, Kunal Kapoor and Angad Bedi. The film will release on November 26.