Actor Alia Bhatt is happy with the U/A certificate given to her upcoming film, Dear Zindagi and says the Censor Board of Film Certification (CBFC) has been kind with their views for the movie. The Gauri Shinde-directed drama also features superstar Shah Rukh Khan, Pakistani actor Ali Zafar, Kunal Kapoor and Angad Bedi.
When asked about her reaction to the U/A certificate for the film, Alia said, “I am very excited. Censor board has been very kind, very generous, very sweet with their words. My film is getting released and I just want to see the audience’s reaction.” The film is scheduled to release on November 25.
Watch: Alia Bhatt at Twinkle Khanna book launch
According to media reports, the film has been passed by CBFC with no verbal or visual cut. DNA quoted the censor board members that it would be a crime to cut even a single scene from Dear Zindagi. They have also commended Shah Rukh Khan, saying least censorial intervention is required in his movies.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Alia was speaking at the red carpet of the launch of Twinkle Khanna’s book, The Legend of Lakshmi Prasad. The 23-year-old actor was not only a guest at the star-studded event, but was also among those who read excerpts from the book for the present audience.
The book, Twinkle’s first fiction work, is a compilation of four short stories.
When Alia’s turn came to read a passage from one of the stories, the young star said, “I am terribly nervous, I don’t think I was this nervous before giving my first shot, for my first film. But I want to say thank you for having me here. It is a very intelligent room, very wise room.”
At the red carpet, Alia also spoke how she is fond of Twinkle’s sense of humour. “Her sense of humour is at some other level. You can watch Koffee with Karan to know that. I am a huge admirer of the human being that Twinkle is. I am honoured to be here at her book launch.”
Other narrators were veteran actor Shabana Azmi and Ranbir Kapoor. The launch was moderated by Twinkle’s close friend Karan Johar. Also present at the event were her husband Akshay Kumar, son Aarav, mother Dimple Kapadia and friends from the industry including R Balki, Sonali Bendre,Homi Adjania and wife Anaita Shroff Adjania.