Former Miss India Parvathy Omanakuttan, who is starring in supernatural thriller ‘Pizza’, says the film will prove that she is more than a glamorous face.
Parvathy, 27, who won the beauty pageant in 2008 and since then acted in a couple of films in South, stars opposite actor Akshay Oberoi in the film, which also marks the directorial debut of Akshay Akkineni and is produced by Bejoy Nambiar and Siddharth Roy Kapur.
“I want to do experimental cinema and was very conscious that I will be a part of films where I can showcase myself as an actor. I can confidently say that ‘Pizza’ will prove that I am just not a pretty face and can act also,” Parvathy told PTI.
The actress, who has earlier done a Hindi film called ‘United Six’, feels an ideal launch would have been with a big banner and opposite a star but she is happy with her role in ‘Pizza’.
“Everyone wants and dreams of getting launched by a big banner and opposite a big star. That would have been ideal launch for me and I wouldn’t hesitate to take that up. But the script of ‘Pizza’ is amazing, I have seen the original and I was completely bowled over by it,” she said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
‘Pizza’ is a Hindi remake of the 2012 Tamil film with the same name, which starred Vijay Sethupathi and Remya Nambeesan in lead roles.
The actress is confident people will love ‘Pizza’ which has elements of horror because she feels the Indian audience is ready to accept such genres.
“They watch International cinema so they know a lot. They are smart and I feel they are ready for different films,” she said.
Parvathy accepts it is difficult for her to make her mark in Indian film industry today because her contemporaries have the backing of their previous films.
“It is difficult but I also believe every actor has his/her own way of interpreting roles,” she said, adding, she finds Alia Bhatt natural and effortless.
“Nothing looks forced when you see her act. Acting should be done the way she does. She was her best in ‘Highway’,” Parvathy said.
The actress confesses to be a huge fan of Ranbir Kapoor for his versatility.
“He can do anything and he gets into the skin of the character. I really admire him and the way he approaches his roles and the kind of characters he does is inspiring,” she said.