Close to a year and a half after ‘Student Of The Year’, Alia Bhatt would now be seen in ‘Highway’. From a candy floss campus world created by Karan Johar, she finds herself in a much more realistic set up, courtesy Imtiaz Ali.
After ‘Student of the Year’, most of the films that came your way were campus entertainers…
You would be surprised to hear this but actually, that was not the case. Not many people know that, barring a film or two, whatever films were offered to me, I have said ‘yes’. Now as you can see, hardly any of these are quintessential campus rom-coms, starting with ‘Highway’.
With ‘Highway’ though, it must have been Imtiaz Ali factor coming into play, right?
Definitely. Imtiaz was obviously on the list of directors that I really wanted to work with. I love his world and the kind of films that he makes. So yes, I was keen to work with him though obviously, if I hadn’t liked the script, I would have told him. Still, I wouldn’t have liked to lose out on the opportunity of working with him. Luckily, it all played out well for me eventually.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Was there ever an apprehension that ‘Highway’ could well turn out to be an overtly serious affair?
I had read the script and hence was aware of what the movie was and how its genre played. So no, none of it bothered or worried me when I stepped into the shoot. It was a difficult role but then I fully trusted Imtiaz. I went with my instinct. I know people keep asking me whether this or that film would make 100 crore or not. But honestly, when it came to ‘Highway’, none of that mattered to me. It is the experience that counted.
You also had a different experience of seeing a massive high with ‘Student Of The Year’ and then a period of no release for so long. Wasn’t it too long a break?
But who said that I didn’t feel high during my no-release period either? (smiles). I don’t think it is such a big break either. It was probably required too. Now, this year I have three releases (Highway, 2 States, Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhaniya). So, it evens out, isn’t it?