Close to a year and a half after ‘Student Of The Year’, Alia Bhatt would now be seen in ‘Highway’. From a candy floss campus world created by Karan Johar, she finds herself in a much more realistic set up, courtesy Imtiaz Ali.
After ‘Student of the Year’, most of the films that came your way were campus entertainers…
You would be surprised to hear this but actually, that was not the case. Not many people know that, barring a film or two, whatever films were offered to me, I have said ‘yes’. Now as you can see, hardly any of these are quintessential campus rom-coms, starting with ‘Highway’.
With ‘Highway’ though, it must have been Imtiaz Ali factor coming into play, right?
Definitely. Imtiaz was obviously on the list of directors that I really wanted to work with. I love his world and the kind of films that he makes. So yes, I was keen to work with him though obviously, if I hadn’t liked the script, I would have told him. Still, I wouldn’t have liked to lose out on the opportunity of working with him. Luckily, it all played out well for me eventually.
Was there ever an apprehension that ‘Highway’ could well turn out to be an overtly serious affair?
I had read the script and hence was aware of what the movie was and how its genre played. So no, none of it bothered or worried me when I stepped into the shoot. It was a difficult role but then I fully trusted Imtiaz. I went with my instinct. I know people keep asking me whether this or that film would make 100 crore or not. But honestly, when it came to ‘Highway’, none of that mattered to me. It is the experience that counted.
You also had a different experience of seeing a massive high with ‘Student Of The Year’ and then a period of no release for so long. Wasn’t it too long a break?
But who said that I didn’t feel high during my no-release period either? (smiles). I don’t think it is such a big break either. It was probably required too. Now, this year I have three releases (Highway, 2 States, Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhaniya). So, it evens out, isn’t it?
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review