Director Gauri Shinde says Alia Bhatt is an instinctive performer. Alia will be seen playing the lead role in Gauri’s next Dear Zindagi alongside superstar Shah Rukh Khan, Angad Bedi, Kunal Kapoor and Ali Zafar.
“Alia is a very intelligent actor, she is instinctive. I also work on instincts so we connected well. We did not discuss much theory. It was easy working with her on this film,” Gauri said.
Alia has become one of the most sought after actresses, thanks to her performances in films like Highway, 2 States, Kapoor and Sons and Udta Punjab. The English Vinglish helmer says she was taken aback with Alia’s performance in Highway.
“Udta Punjab happened much later so I had not seen that film when we started Dear Zindagi. I liked her in ‘Highway’, especially the ending when she breaks down, it was brilliant and magical. I thought of working with her at that time but I did not have a story idea. So, when I started working on Dear Zindagi, I could only think of Alia.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
On the extended cast of the film, she says, “I felt everyone had unique personality and they all fit the characters that they are playing in the film and which is why it took the longest time to arrive at this people.
“All of them gave auditions for the film. I have been lucky to work with good actors who are professionals and good human being as well,” she said. The film hits cinema houses tomorrow.