Actress Alia Bhatt says her hard work and destiny have made her successful in Bollywood.
Alia, 21, made a successful acting debut with Karan Johar’s ‘Student of the Year’. She won accolades for her performances in ‘Highway’, ‘2 States’ and ‘Humpty Sharma Ki Dhulania’.
With all her films doing good at the box office, Alia is quite happy about it but is aware that it (success) should not go to head. “I don’t know how to measure success. I have been fortunate that I got exciting films to do and work with talented directors who brought out the best in me. I am thankful to Karan (Karan Johar) for giving me a dream break in the industry,” the actress told PTI in an interview.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“I think the success that I have is due to hard work and destiny. It is important to stay grounded and not take things for granted. With each film I want to entertain the audience,” she said.
But the actress says personally success has not changed much for her. “I have become busy. But there is no drastic change. I think after doing lot of films which are good you will have a strong fan base and it feels great,” Alia said.
Though she has achieved success with her every film, she worries about failure.
“Failure worries me, nobody wants to fail. There is a fear that one day films will not come my way or if someone doesn’t watch your film, that is a worrying point. It is unpredictable in the industry. But I am happy that my films have done well,” Alia said.
Alia will next be seen opposite Shahid Kapoor in ‘Shaandar’ and in a film with Ranbir Kapoor.
She thinks besides being a good actor, an actress also needs to maintain her looks.
“I do weight training and follow strict diet. It is very important to look a certain way. I don’t think being extra skinny and thin is desirable, but you have to be fit. At the end of the day in this profession, people put money on you and you have to look desirable,” Alia said.