“We have spent so much time with each other that we are comfortable with each other. Ours is a love and hate relationship. We keep fighting a lot on various small things. But we are friends,” Varun said in an interview here.
“We get little shocked when people say that there is a intense amazing chemistry between us. Chemistry is needed in a love story but we did the film as actors,” he said.
Recently, Alia said in an interview that ‘Varun gets angry on her because he loves her’.
On this, the 27-year-old actor replied, “It is friendship-wala love only. There is nothing like that.”
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Varun also made it clear that he is not dating anyone. However, in real life he would want to have a life partner like Alia’s character, Kavya in their upcoming film ‘Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania’.
“I want someone who is just like Alia’s character in the film (‘Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania’). She should be very helpful, protective and ambitious. You need that person in your life who pushes you to do something. She should be beautiful from within and outside,” Varun said.
Varun has teamed up with Alia for the second time in the upcoming film after making their debut in Karan Johar’s ‘Student of The Year’.
“We hope our on screen ‘jodi’ works then we will do other films. We have heard that our on screen chemistry is good but there was no pressure as such when we were doing the film. Chemistry is important in love stories,” Varun said.
Varun said that Alia has become better as an actress.
“As an actress she (Alia) has grown a lot. She has become a very good actress. I liked her in ‘Highway’. After ‘Highway’ she knows what things will work and what not. She is doing amazing work,” he added.
After the release of the promo of Varun’s debut film ‘Student of the Year’, superstar Salman Khan had appreciated him and said he will be the next big kid on the block.
“I am inspired by him (Salman) but it’s not me alone I think that a lot of people get inspired by him. I think he is a role model for everyone,” Varun said.
Varun said that he shared an honest relationship as a student with his mentor and filmmaker Karan Johar. Varun had worked as assistant director to Karan for ‘My Name Is Khan’.
“We (Karan and I) share a good bond with each other. We share an honest relationship of a teacher and student. I learn something new every time from him. He has been there during good and bad times with him and I know he is always there for me,” the actor said.
Though Varun has expressed his desire to do a lot of hit films for Karan’s home production company, Dharma Productions but also said that he will not accept every acting offer just because it is from his mentor.
“I can say no to him for a film. He does not force you to do a film if you say no for a film. He is rather happy for you for being honest,” Varun added.
‘Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania’ is said to be modern day tribute to superstar Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol-starrer ‘Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge’. Varun thinks their film will remind people of the epic love story of Raj and Simran.
“I am not playing a character like Raj who is an NRI. I am a Delhi guy and even Alia’s character is not like Simran. But there is a flavor of DDLJ and it will remind people of this film,” Varun said.
“We know people are going to compare it. I am not that worried about it. Our film is a modern day tribute to this film (DDLJ),” he said.
Directed by Shashank Khaitan and produced by Karan, ‘Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania’ is scheduled for July 11 release.