With young stars Alia Bhatt, Aditya Roy Kapoor on the ramp showcasing opulent costumes, ace designer Manish Malhotra presented his latest bridal collection at the ongoing India Couture Week (ICW).
Titled ‘Portraits’, an ode to femininity and heritage, the line was an amalgamation of classic with the modern, using vintage motifs in new patterns that represented neo-brides.
“A lot of work was done in Kashmir and Mijwan. The whole idea was to make it very modern yet imbibe in something that is timeless.
“It is the first time that Alia and Aditya have come together. You need your muses to be people of today… Stars of today. Both of them are good looking, glamorous, fashionable and stylish,” Manish told reporters after the show.
Alia, who is basking in the success of her latest release ‘Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania’, strutted down the grand runway confidently in a red velvet lehenga-choli, while Aditya, 28, looked dapper in an ornate gold embroidered kurta teamed with an off-white parallel pajama.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“Walking for Manish Malhotra is a big deal for me. I am very happy that my film did very well, but I am even happier that I got to walk for Manish. So for me that is a greater achievement. Two years ago I saw Katrina Kaif walk the ramp for him here and I was sitting in the front row and I wondered when I will get to walk for him. I am so happy that I did it today,” the 21–year-old actress said.
Aditya also echoed Alia’s sentiments, saying he was nervous about walking on the ramp but the moment he put on Manish’s creations, he felt confident.
“He makes you look so good I think half the job is done. It makes you feel that you have arrived. Alia just gave me one piece of advice and that was ‘Don’t fall’,” said Aditya, who will be next seen in ‘Daawat-e-Ishq’.
The clothes in this collection had zari coupled with elaborate thread works which were set against the backdrop of silks, velvets and tulles.
The colour palate ranged from beige, rust, midnight blue, emerald to ruby red.
The silhouettes were contemporary consisting of full length skirts, sarees teamed with turtle neck blouses and low cut backs and long embroidered jackets. Lot of mirror work was infused in the garments especially in the hemlines of lehengas and sleeves of the blouses.
The designer abstained from using any accessory except for nose rings in order to keep the attention on the opulent clothes.
The menswear, which comprised bandhgalas, kurtas and parallel pajamas, oozed vintage embroideries in gold dust with jewel-toned colours to recreate the meeting of the past and present.