Bollywood actor Ali Fazal, who has worked in several reputed theatre productions in India, recently had a taste of Broadway.
Ali was in London recently, where chanced upon one of the most reputed Broadway productions, The Book of Mormons.
After watching the show, Ali contacted a the production team of the show and managed to get a chance to undergo a short course on movement and speech from Broadway stalwarts.
- Pulkit Samrat: Fukrey Returns does not only have comedy
- Watch Fukrey Returns song Peh Gaya Khalara: Pulkit, Varun, Ali and Manjot flaunt their Punjabi swag in this vibrant wedding song
- Ritesh Sidhwani feels Fukrey Returns is like the meat in the sandwich releasing between Padmavati and Tiger Zinda Hai
- Diana Penty on Happy Bhag Jayegi sequel: Excited to play 'Happy' again, which is so different from me in real life
- Is Ali Fazal dating his Fukrey Returns co-star Richa Chadha?
- Fashionable Sixties
“Theatre in London is all the to the top. I’ve seen a lot of Broadway musicals. And wondered why we don’t have a single musical of our own in cinema, where the dialogues are written on meter and the actors actually sing it to wing it. The choreography and the movement is something I wanted to get familiar with. The workshop was based on measured movements on beat and rhythm. Which is the essence of performance be it stage or camera,” said Ali of his unique experience.
On the professional front, Ali is currently busy shooting for Tadka, which marks the Bollywood directorial debut of actor Prakash Raj. The film is the Hindi remake of his Tamil film Un Samayal Arayil. Actress Taapsee Pannu is playing Fazal’s love interest in the movie, which also stars Shriya Saran.