Akshay Kumar and Sidharth Malhotra’s recent release ‘Brothers’ is on a roll as it has earned Rs 52.08 cr within three days of its release. With this, the movie has become the highest weekend grosser of the year after Salman Khan’s ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’.
Filmmaker Karan Johar tweeted this information.
— Karan Johar (@karanjohar) August 17, 2015
Also, ‘Brothers’ is now the highest opener for both Akshay Kumar and Sidharth Malhotra.
— Fox Star Hindi (@foxstarhindi) August 17, 2015
The action packed emotional saga opened to full houses on Friday (August 14) with collections of around Rs 15.20 cr. The next day was a National Holiday and it helped the film to amass Rs 21.43 crore.
- Aiyaary box office collection day 4: Will Sidharth Malhotra and Manoj Bajpayee film survive the week test?
- Aiyaary box office collection day 3: Sidharth Malhotra, Manoj Bapayee starrer collects Rs 11.70 cr on opening weekend
- Aiyaary box office day 1: Manoj Bajpayee-Sidharth Malhotra film mints Rs 3.36 crore
- PadMan box office collection day 5: Akshay Kumar and Sonam Kapoor starrer earns Rs 52.04 crore
- Sidharth Malhotra, Jackie Shroff happy with ‘Brothers’ response
- Akshay Kumar, Sidharth Malhotra’s ‘Brothers’ strikes gold, earns Rs 36.63 cr in two days
On Sunday (August 16), ‘Brothers’ witnessed a slight dip in the collections and earnd Rs 15.45 cr bringing the total to Rs 52.08 cr in just three days.
‘Brothers’ starring Akshay Kumar and Sidharth Malhotra and supported by Jacqueline Fernandez and Jackie Shroff is the official remake of the Hollywood blockbuster ‘Warrior’ and hence, says the story of ‘blood against blood’.
Akshay and Sidharth play the titular ‘brothers’ – David and Monty – respectively, while Jacqueline plays Akshay’s wife in the movie.
‘Brothers’ opened to mixed reviews from the critics and audiences, whereas most of the Bollywood stars seem to have liked the movie and are seen heaping on praises and good wishes for the whole team on Twitter.
Jointly produced by Dharma Productions and Fox Star Studios, the movie is directed by Karan Malhotra, who earlier directed the remake of Amitabh Bachchan’s ‘Agneepath’ starring Hrithik Roshan and is now all set to helm Karan Johar’s magnum opus ‘Shuddhi’ starring Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt.