Bollywood action star Akshay Kumar will perform on the inaugural day of the Wave World Kabaddi League (WWKL), starting Aug 9 in London.
WWKL is the first international kabaddi league coming out of India and the tournament will see eight teams fighting for the trophy.
The 46-year-old will perform on some of the popular title tracks from his films, Aug 9 and Aug 10 at O2 Arena.
Akshay said his “performance” will be “dedicated” to the kabaddi fans who will come together to cheer the teams.
“The League is a step to promote the Indian contemporary sport and bring it closer to the fans of the sport spread across the world,” the actor, who also co-owns one of the teams, Khalsa Warrior, said in a statement.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Some of the top players from across the world will participate in the tournament.
Pargat Singh, commissioner of WWKL, is confident that Akshay’s performance will be a true firebrand opening for the event.
“The dedication being shown by Akshay to promote WWKL is commendable. As a true supporter he is making himself available to us despite his busy schedule to promote kabaddi.
“He is a global star and his fan following is spread across the world. His performance at the inauguration will be a true firebrand opening of the League – we could not have asked for more,” said Singh.