Akshay Kumar’s Toilet Ek Prem Katha is yet to be completed but is already leading to controversy. Being shot in Nandgaon at present, the film has raised the ire of religious leaders of the area. A sadhu in the area has now announced that he would pay Rs 1 crore to anyone who brings him the tongue of the film’s director, Narain Singh.
According to reports, the film allegedly shows a romance between a man and a woman hailing from Nandgaon and Barsana village. However, traditionally, no marriage is allowed between men and women of the two villages in deference to the ‘pious love’ of Lord Krishna and Radha. While Krishna hailed from Nandgaon, Radha was from Barsana.
A religious leader of Barasana Village, Phooldol Behari Dass Maharaj, has asked the director to change the storyline or else the movie will not be allowed to be shot in the village, according to a Hindustan Times report. Another religious leader has declared a reward of Rs 1 crore for the one who brings the tongue of the director.
The director of the film, Narain Singh, addressed the media in Mathura on Tuesday and said all the rumours regarding the story line of the film will come to an end after the film releases. The director further promised that no religious sentiments will be hurt through this film.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“We are shooting scenes in Nandgaon and Barsana but every doubt would be cleared with the release of the movie as nowhere the name of Nandgaon has been used in it. The movie is on women’s empowerment and ‘Swachhta’ and Barsana is chosen for communicating this message through ‘lath-maar’ Holi since Mughal period,” Singh said.
While so many allegations against the film are being raised, Akshay Kumar who is usually very active on his social media, chose to remain silent.