Bollywood superstar Akshay Kumar will reprise superstar Vijay’s role in the Hindi remake of Tamil blockbuster “Kaththi”.
“Lyca Productions and A.R. Murugadoss will jointly produce the remake, which will be directed by debutant Jagan,” a source close to Murugadoss told IANS.
“Kaththi”, which featured Vijay in dual role, was directed by Murugadoss and produced by Lyca.
The film’s shooting will start from April 2016.
- Amazon wins streaming rights for Rajinikanth, Akshay Kumar film 2.0 at record price
- Salman Khan to remake Mahesh Babu's Spyder? Read AR Murugadoss' response
- Hrithik Roshan to replace Akshay Kumar in Kaththi remake?
- Akshay Kumar may star in Hindi remake of 'Kaththi'
- Akshay Kumar yet to take call on remake of 'Kaththi'
- Salman Khan, Govinda to 'Partner' again for 'Kaththi' remake?
This will be the second time Akshay will star in the remake of Vijay’s film. He previously worked in the “Thuppaki” remake, which was named “Holiday: A Soldier Is Never Off Duty”.