Akshay Kumar and Sonakshi Sinha starrer ‘Holiday: A Soldier Is Never Off Duty’, is going strong in the second week of its release. The film that swiftly claimed good revenue in the first week, has collected more than Rs 70 crore in the second week of its release.
Trade expert Taran Aarsh said it’s inching closer to Rs.100-crore mark at the box office. “#Holiday [Week 2] Fri 4.34 cr, Sat 6.06 cr. Grand total: ₹ 79.09 cr nett. India biz. Marching towards ₹ 100 crr,” he tweeted.
The film, directed by AR Murgadoss, is the official remake of 2012 Tamil film Thuppakki, also directed by Murgadoss.
The Akshay Kumar and Sonakshi Sinha-starrer that hit the screens on June 6 has made good earnings so far.
The film had a strong start despite less favourable reviews. The Indian Express, reviewer Shubhra Gupta said, “‘Holiday’ gives Akshay Kumar a chance to return to full combat mode. Till he’s going bang bang, he’s all right; the moment he gets romancing and joshing, he slides. So does the film.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Akshay Kumar, faced a dry spell at Box Office last year with ‘Once Upon A Time In Mumbai Again’ and ‘Boss’ – failing miserably.
If Akshay Kumar is seen doing action sequences like he has never done before, Sonakshi also got a chance to throw a punch or two and fulfil her desire to braid her hair in a sporty way instead of letting her hair loose, which she generally does for most of her films.