Bollywood superstar Akshay Kumar’s latest venture ‘Holiday – A Soldier is Never Off Duty’ has delivered a successful innings at the Box Office in its opening weekend. The film, also starring Sonakshi Sinha, has collected over Rs. 40 crore in the first three days of its release.
Film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh gave the official figures, “#Holiday Fri 12.18 cr, Sat 12.34 cr, Sun 16.80 cr. Total: 41.32 cr nett. India biz… FANTASTIC growth in biz on Sunday!”
Akshay Kumar, faced a dry spell at Box Office last year with ‘Once Upon A Time In Mumbai Again’ and ‘Boss’ – failing miserably.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Contrary to the Box Office verdict, ‘Holiday’, did not receive good reviews. The Indian Express, reviewer Shubhra Gupta said, “‘Holiday’ gives Akshay Kumar a chance to return to full combat mode. Till he’s going bang bang, he’s all right; the moment he gets romancing and joshing, he slides. So does the film.”
The film is the official remake of Tamil film ‘Thupakki’ and is directed by A R Murugadoss.