Akshay Kumar’s love for karate is extremely well-known. The actor, who made martial arts his calling card in Bollywood in his heydays, today is actively seen encouraging women to take up self-defence.
The superstar along with Sidharth Malhotra and Jacqueline Fernandes was seen handing out certificates to young women at the graduation day of a self-defence academy in Mumbai on Monday (August 17).
Talking about the need for women to learn martial arts, Akshay Kumar said: “It’s shameful that we have reached a situation where it has become imperative for every women of this country to learn self-defence due to the presence of certain elements in our society. I am happy to see so many young women actively learning karate. It will not just protect them but also boost their morale and self-confidence.”
- Aiyaary averts clash with PadMan, will now release on February 16
- Akshay Kumar on Aiyaary vs PadMan: Neeraj is a dear friend, there is no ‘clash’
- Akshay Kumar’s ‘Brothers’ rakes in Rs.72.6 crore in first week
- ‘Brothers’ is ‘K3G’ with Mixed Martial Arts: Sidharth Malhotra
- Akshay Kumar doing great job by training women in martial arts: Sidharth Malhotra
- Sidharth Malhotra has worked hard for ‘Brothers’: Akshay Kumar
The actor, who was sporting a grey beard, later was seen displaying his high-air kicks much to the delight of all present.
His recent release ‘Brothers’ is doing great business at the box office and has managed to collect more than Rs 50 crore in India in just three days of release.